Pioneer DJ’s flagship Serato controller has received the Midas touch, with the release of a Limited Edition Digital DJ SX (model name: DDJ-SX-N) in opulent gold. Designed for intuitive, plug-and-play control of the bundled Serato DJ software, the DDJ-SX series has brought delight to Serato fans since its launch in November 2012. DJs love its features such as Performance Pads, Dual Deck Control and Slip Mode, which add a tactile element to triggering samples, loops and FX. Plus the unit can be used as a four-channel stand-alone mixer, giving DJs the flexibility of connecting to CDJs or turntables for even more performance options.
Like the classic black and cool pearl white models, the gilded DDJ-SX-N is built with both style and durability in mind. Its aluminium top plate and large jog wheels are finished in dazzling gold and complemented by the controller’s blue and red LEDs.
The DDJ-SX-N, bundled with Serato DJ, will be available in limited quantities from November at an SRP of EUR 999/GBP 819, including VAT.
Key Features of the DDJ-SX SERIES
- 1. Native control of all Serato DJ’s amazing features
Pioneer worked closely with Serato to combine the features of the software with the operability of the hardware to create true plug-and-play compatibility and intuitive control. The DDJ-SX series has dedicated controls for all the software’s features including:
- Four deck control.
- High-quality sound FX Powered by iZotope.
- Eight cue points on each deck.
- Syncable six slot sample bank.
- Auto Loops, Manual Loops and Loop Roll.
- Slicer to chop up tracks and create new arrangements.
- Dual deck control.
- 2. Enhanced performance features for truly hands-on live performances
Pro-DJs can use a combination of buttons, dials, faders, jog wheels and Performance Pads to stamp their mark on every set.
- Performance Pads make mashing up tracks even more fun
The DDJ-SX series’ large, rubber Performance Pads are assigned to four modes – Hot Cue, Roll, Sampler and Slicer – while Velocity Mode means DJs can control the sample volume by how hard they hit the LED pads.
- Slip Mode for precision edits
Inherited from the new club-standard CDJ-2000nexus, Slip Mode silently continues track playback during a loop, reverse or scratch and brings the music back at the right point when the DJ exits the performance.
- Improved jog wheel enhances scratching pleasure
The DDJ-SX series has the industry’s lowest latency jog wheel, which has been fine-tuned to ensure DJs always get the scratch response they expect. Plus the controller borrows the backlit-LED On-Jog Display from the club-standard CDJs, showing the playback status of the current track for even greater scratch and reverse precision.
- Sound Colour Filters on every channel
Like the DJM-900nexus professional mixer, the DDJ-SX series boasts a Sound Colour Filter for each channel. DJs twist the dial left for Lo Pass Filter and right for Hi Pass Filter, for even more creative sweeps, blends and FX manipulation. This works with the software and external sources, with a hardware filter built-in.
- 3. Professional build quality and design with three colour options
The controller has been built with the rigours of professional use in mind. The high-quality faders are robust and durable, while the push-button style knobs were designed with portability in mind. And the aluminium jog wheels and choice between black, white or gold top plate give the DDJ-SX series a premium look that will fit right into any booth.
- 4. Multiple input and output options for every DJ set-up
Four inputs allow DJs to connect the controller to DJ players and/or turntables to use it as a stand-alone mixer. Two master outputs (XLR and RCA) and a booth output enable connections direct to professional PA equipment. And two MIC inputs open up possibilities for MCing and announcements.
- 5. High audio quality
The controller inherits its high-quality audio circuitry from Pioneer’s pro-DJ equipment. A built-in 24-bit sound card, low-jitter clock and high-performance DAC ensure a clean, powerful sound with no degradation.
- 6. Other features
- Channel Fader Start: use the channel fader to control cues.
- Needle Search: touch strip for intuitive, fast searches.
- Master level and channel level meters: instantly identify levels on each channel.
- MIDI compatible: control any DJ software.
- Crossfader curve adjust: to suit any type of sound.
|Input terminals||CD x 2 (RCA)Combined LINE/PHONO x 2 (RCA)MIC x 2 (XLR & ¼-inch combined PHONE x 1, ¼-inch jack x 1)|
|Output terminal||MASTER OUT x 2 (RCA x 1, XLR x 1)BOOTH OUT x 1 (¼-inch jack)HEADPHONE MONITOR OUT x 2 (front ¼-inch jack, MiniPin)|
|Other terminals||USB B terminal x 1|
|Frequency range||20 Hz to 20 kHz|
|Total harmonic distortion||0.003% or less|
|S/N ratio||105 dB (PC)|
|Supplied AC adapter||Power source AC 220-240 V 50/60 Hz, rated output DC5 V|
|External dimensions(W x H x D)||664 mm x 70.4 mm x 357 mm|
Serato DJ System Requirements
|Applicable OS (Windows)||Windows® 732-bit: (CPU) 2.0 GHz Core 2 Duo/(Memory) 2GB64-bit: (CPU) 2.4 GHz Core 2 Duo/(Memory) 4GB|
|Applicable OS (Mac)||Mac OS X v10.8/10.7/10.632-bit: (CPU) 2.0 GHz Core 2 Duo/(Memory) 1GB64-bit: (CPU) 2.4 GHz Core 2 Duo/(Memory) 4GB|
|Display resolution||1280 x 720 or higher resolution|
- Serato DJ is a registered trademark of Serato Audio Research Ltd.
- iZotope, Powered by iZotope, is a trademark of iZotope, Inc. in the United States and other countries.
- Windows® is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and other countries.
- Mac OS is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the US and other countries.
- Other names of products, companies, and organisations herein are the trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
Find Pioneer DJ online at: