We opened this week with the new CD from the legendary Fabric Series, this time the choice is the german deejay and producer Ben Klock. The new album Fabric 66 will be released on October 15.
The German is one of the moment’s men in his country thanks to his residence at Berghain Club in Berlin. Along with like-minded artist Marcel Dettmann, he played a big part in shaping the signature sound of Berghain‘s downstairs room: galloping, uncompromising techno, often delivered in stretches of eight hours or more.
But the work of Klock crosses the walls of Berghain, his profile has shot up internationally over the past few years, and has released on labels such BPitch Control, Ostgut Ton or his own label Klockworks.
Fabric 66 shows a slightly different side of Klock. As the artist say:
I didn’t want to include any of my hits from my sets this time. The idea is more that you have something to discover when you listen.
And one of ways to get this is interspersing straight up hard techno tracks from the likes of James Ruskin and DVS1 with understated selections from Trevino, Burial and Alva Noto.
We leave you with one of the original tracks that will appear on the album, the dubstep track Raver by londoner deejay Burial.
Track No 13 Fabric 66: Burial-Raver
- Truncate – Ratio 1
- DJ Bone – Gemini
- Trevino – Forged
- Technasia – Final Quadrant (The Cosmic Beats)
- DVS1 – Spying
- K-Hand – Starz
- Octave One – Terraforming (Kraviz/Klock’s 66 Interpretation)
- Wincent Kunth – Another Journey
- Sagat – Few Mysteries Solved in A Year of Contact
- Sigg Gonzalez – Penny Pincher (Head High Mix)
- Floorplan – Chord Principal
- D-Knox – Mind Calming
- Burial – Raver (Edit)
- Marcel Dettmann – Allies
- Josh Wink – Are You There? (Ben Klock Remix)
- Truncate – Coaster
- Planetary Assault Systems – Flat Tire
- Steve Rachmad – Rotary
- Staffan Linzatti – In Time
- Mathew Johnson – Panna Cotta (Edit)
- Floorplan – Never Grow Old (Edit)
- Terence Fixmer – When The Sun
- James Ruskin – Detached
- Alva Noto – Monophaser 2