Today we are talking about two titans of the global electronic music, the powerful Ministry of Sound label and the British Gentleman Andrew Weatherall. As already made Gilles Peterson, Francois K and Fabio & Grooverider, Weatherall is now the star of the new volume of Masterpiece series of Ministry of Sound.
Speak about Andrew Weatherall is talk about one of the masters of the music scene in recent decades. With an exquisite and eclectic vision, and a varied repertoire including acid house sounds, rockabilly, electronic music, techno, post punk and deep house, this living legend of the club scene has become a classic of British electronics.
Since the beginnings at Shoom Club in London he has been in the forefront. His career has been characterized by combining elite collaborations with artists such as Primal Scream, My Bloody Valentine, Bjork and Fuck Buttons, along with fantastic underground and experimental projects like The Sabres of Paradise and Two Lone Swordsmen.
The triple cd Masterpiece perfectly sums up the modus operandi of the versatile Weatherall, features 36 tracks where we can hear new and old remixes of established artists like Todd Terje, Primal Scream and The Horrors, along with tracks from underground artists like The Asphodells, Chida, Apiento and Craig Batley.
The result of Masterpeice is seductive and addictive, a key piece of modern electronics marked by the vision of one of the greatest musical innovators of our time. No doubt, a true gem that will be released on May 14.
We leave you with the details of the new work and some examples of the sounds that Weatherall will mix.
- CD1 Eleven o’clock Drop
- The Asphodells ‘A Love From Outer Space’
- Grinderman ‘Heathen Child’ (Andrew Weatherall Remix)
- Timothy J.Fairplay ‘Sleighride’ (Andrew Weatherall Remix)
- The Asphodells ‘Lost Cities’
- Hardway Brothers ‘Mania’s Theme’ (Andrew Weatherall Remix)
- Kalidasa ‘Burstin’ Through’
- Craig Batley ‘Birdshell’
- Apiento ‘The Orange Place – Apiento’
- Chida ‘Danca – Chida’
- The Horrors ‘Wild Eyed’ (Andrew Weatherall Remix_
- Wooden Shjips ‘Crossing’ (Andrew Weatherall Remix)
- Walls ‘Into Our Midst ‘
- Timothy J.Fairplay ‘The Final Reel’ (Andrew Weatherall Remix)
Grinderman ‘Heathen Child’ with the great Nick Cave at the head
- CD2 Twelve o’clock Drop
- Scott Fraser ‘A Life Of Silence’
- Mario Vierra ‘Cosmic Matter’
- Kasper Bjorke Man From Venice’
- Bonar Bradberry ‘You Were Away (Space Ranger Hypno Mix)
- Rudy’s Midnight Machine ‘Ecstatic Love Machine’
- Midnight Savari ‘Phantom Galaction’
- Tornado Wallace ‘Insect Overlords’
- Sons And Daughters ‘Orion’ (Emperor Machine Remix)
- Cut Copy ‘Sun Gold’ (Andrew Weatherall Remix)
- Bogdan Irkuk a.k.a. Bulgari ‘My Weakness’ (Prins Thomas Discomiks)
- Copyshop ‘Lipps’ (Pete Herbert Dub)
- Pacific Horizons ‘Stealing The Fire From Heaven’
Rudy’s Midnight Machine ‘Ecstatic Love Machine’
- CD3 One o’clock Drop
- The Subs ‘Decontrol’ (Aquarius Heaven Remix)
- Black Light Smoke ‘Switchback’
- Soft Rocks ‘Magic Mikk’
- Martin Brodin ‘Badabing’ (Diskjokker Remix)
- Ajello ‘Crystal Babe’
- Name In Lights ‘Ur Oskunni’
- Brioski ‘Radio Anatomy’ (Emperor Machine Remix)
- Toddla T ‘Watch Me Dance’ (Andrew Weatherall Remix)
- Todd Terje ‘Ragyshe’
- Primal Scream ‘Uptown’ (Andrew Weatherall Remix)
- A.R. Kane ‘A Love From Outer Space’
Name In Lights ‘Ur Oskunni’